Access to the Marina is via a set of double lock gates. The lock is staffed 24/7 with access available upon request. There is a free flow period of up to three hours either side of high tide when locking through is not required. Check our lock freeflow guide for further information.
The lock has the following dimensions:
- Length: 44 metres. Width: 12 metres
- Height of outer cill: 1.5 metres below chart datum
- Height of inner cill: 1.5 metres below chart datum
Before approaching the harbour, please call the lock tower to arrange access. All boat movements are controlled by traffic lights displayed from masts at both ends of the lock. These lights are arranged vertically and have the following meanings:
- 3 vertical fixed red lights: lock closed or in use – do not proceed
- 3 vertical fixed green lights: proceed into the lock